Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Big Bowl (Mississauga)

Some co-workers and I went for my very belated birthday lunch. I picked Big Bowl Vietnamese on Dundas between Churchill and Erin Mills. I have been once before and had a veggie tofu type stir-fry and it was ok.

I thought that I would stray away from that and went with bbq chicken + spring roll vermicelli. They have some sprouts and greens in there too (mainly cilantro). Comes with a side of fish sauce that I didn't really use. Vicki pretty much scared me off of it due to how it is made. I mixed it all up, and threw on some sauce from a ketchup type bottle. It may have been "seafood" or "hoison". Hard to say if it was any less sketchy than the fish sauce, but regardless, the tasty factor was high.

For $6.50 (I think, thanks AK for the b-day treat), it was a horrendous amount of food. Pretty much a whole chicken on there + a rather large spring roll. I didn't really get around to eating the noodles, but they were tasty too.

The place was absolutely packed, even on the Thursday!

No comments: