Saturday, October 27, 2007

Farmer's Market - The Second Edition

Just a little bit more about the peameal concoction. I was reading the paper today and the "new" Weekend Edition of the globe and mail now has a column from that much over-hyped Richard Florida. That's a rant for another day but, anyway, he mentioned having the uber-Toronto peameal and egg sandwich at the St. Lawerence market so that planted the idea in my mind. We spied the shop hawking these sandwiches while at the market so we couldn't resist. 4.95 with tax so certainly not cheap (maybe that helps make it authentically Toronto-ish?). It was pretty good. Just like the Tim Horton's egg mcmuffin is a better version of the original McMuffin, this sandwich was better than the TH edition. However, the bacon wasn't as flavourful as it could be. No other complaints except obviously the price. Except for rare special occasions, I'll have to stick to clogging my arteries with the chain versions.

Oh and sure Janice claims to "care about the environment" but you should ask her whether she'd still be carpooling if her company didn't pay her to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oOOHHHhhh Janice, I'm telling. I'll have to have your carpool prime parking tag revoked.
;-)
Just kidding. It's like people/companies who give to charity only for the tax break. Who cares? Everone wins!!
Mz K.

Jackie Bolen said...

Hey, so check out Barbara Kingsolvers new book, "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral." It talks about all this kind of stuff. I think I'm going to buy it for mom for Christmas so maybe you can read it then?