Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kit Kat Summerlicious

Ian and I decided to partake in some cheap eats and went to Kit Kat on King for the Summerlicious festival. It's basically three courses for $25 to $35 depending on the restaurant.

I started with a not so tasty asparagus soup - way too bland. Ian has mussels with a tomato wine sauce that he seemed to enjoy. For the main course Ian has chicken with prosciutto in a creamy white sauce with mashed potato and random veggies. I had pan fried sole with wild rice and the same veggie. Ian's portion was huge, but while it excelled in largeness, it lacked in tastiness.

I know that sole is kind of bland so I was expecting some sort of crust or sauce on there, but it came with neither. Overall very bland :( Sadly, my cafeteria at work makes better sole.

The desert was alright tiramisu but this time was a puny portion. With the summerlicious special we ended up paying $64 including tax, tip and tap water.

The real entertainment here were the tables on either side of us. To my left and Ian's right, there was the first date with the young guy and old lady. Neither seemed to have much to say, and the old lady admitted that her mom likes to cook for her so she doesn't really know how to cook anything. Sounds like a real catch! Awkward times all around for those two!

To my right, there was a three generation girls night out kind of event. The two older ladies got all upset about cold veggies with their meal and made a big stink about it. The waiter was extremely rude and made them feel like it was all in their head. Kind of comical. I think the waiter felt bad, so he came by every 5 minutes thereafter with awkward tidbits of what he thought was amusing anecdotes! Ian and I, as impartial judges, gave the effort a D. Awkward at best!

No comments: