Sunday, January 31, 2010

168 Sushi Japan Buffet

Since it was apparently worth Janice skipping work last week, we decided I needed to go out and check out the 168 Sushi Japan Buffet. The short summary is I was not disappointed and I'd likely be willing to skip work too to take part in this delightful smorgasbord of tastes.

For an all you can eat sushi place I was impressed with the sushi. For the regular buffet they have salmon, white tuna, red snapper and various cooked or non-fun types. I stuck with those big three fishes for my sushi eats. The fish was great in all 4 of the rounds I ordered in it.

The next thing that impressed me was the speed of the service. No sooner did we fill out the menu card then there was food arriving at our table. Overall the service was great which is certainly something you don't usually say about all-you-can-eat places.

In terms of other food, we also ordered a range of things: tempura, a few maki rolls, various non-raw rolls for Janice, gal-bi, grilled veggies, various pizza slices and maybe some other items. Nothing was disappointing.

For dessert Janice strongly cautioned against the banana tempura so I stuck with a scoop of red bean ice cream and green tea ice cream. Both were good and amazingly Janice actually somewhat liked my red bean ice cream.

In a sharp contrast to last week's fiasco at Al Mac's, the pop and beverages are included. I had Coke but wisely kept to only two glasses to save room for all-you-can-eat goodness. Janice stuck with water which was free. (Al Mac take notice!)

The only complaint I have is that sashimi is not included in the lunch buffet or the deluxe buffet. You have to order it a la carte.

At 14 + tax + tip for lunch, it's not cheap but we'll definitely be back.

No comments: