Thursday, May 20, 2010

Momiji

I have now discovered another Momiji location in Mississauga, but this post refers to the one in the Kingsway on Bloor.

Ian and I went for a birthday dinner and ordered some old favorites. The grilled eggplant was ok, but not grilled enough and was missing the addictive salty carrot-ginger topping that we love so much! Far less tasty than normal.

Then another appetizer - deep fried tofu (age-dash tofu I think is the official name). Very good and a hearty portion.

Main course was a beef bento. Tempura was good as usual and Ian was impressed by 3 large shrimp and I liked the veggies. Teriyaki beef with rice & veggies was a disappointment this time. Beef was extremely raw, chewy and the teriyaki flavor was rather sparse. In the past we have loved this dish so I'm not sure what went wrong in the kitchen tonight! Soup & salad also included.

Salmon roll & avocado roll were both very good.

No comments: