Saturday, August 12, 2006

More observations about UK

1. People are obsessed with "chips" aka french fries. We went for some japanese today (was actually chinese, but who's keeping track) and the combo came with miso soup and a plate of fries. Odd. Same with italian meals, you get your pasta+ sauce and a side bowl of fries. Very gross.

2. We went to this sketchy pub last night and I could not understand anything the server was telling me, so ended up just pointing to a tap and trying a beer at random. I think it was actually apple cider mixed with beer. Rather gross. I wonder who the heck actually drinks that stuff??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the tips about food in the UK. Very timely for me as I'm leaving for England on Thursday. Hope I won't be eating chips all the time, especially since I spent the past weekend at the Folk Fest eating lots of fried food like Korean veggie tempura and of course, the classic Edmonton festival favorite, Green Onion Cake.

M