Monday, February 11, 2008

Out of TO

I've been eating out a lot but not in Toronto so the updates have been limited. Here's a breakdown of last week:

22 meals at the SF Marriott
1 dinner at Azie
1 dinner at Metreon foodcourt
1 lunch at some Thai place
1 Harvey's breakfast burger
1 lunch at a burrito place in SFO

If you knew how long I was gone you'd see that there are more than 3 meals a day. That's not an error.

Anyway the highlight was undoubtedly Azie. We were a big group of 36 or so people so we had a set menu but it was great. The high point was discovering we didn't have to chose from the menu. Instead they were bringing everything and serving it family style. That was good news since all the items looked great. There was Kobe beef skewers as an appetizer and then Kobe steak as an entree. I could get used to that. Other features included some tasty crab rolls, arctic char, shrimp skewers, and a tasty aromatic chicken (that all of us EE's managed to misread as automatic). Dessert was a selection of a few items including a superb chocolate ball.

The second highlight of the week was eating dessert with both lunch and dinner. I'm not sure why I don't eat dessert more (My heart may know why though). Some of the cheesecakes were not surprisingly my favorite but I also enjoyed this fruit and cream concoction that was served in a martini glass. There was delicious carrot cake of which unfortunately I only ate one piece because I was in a rush. I learned my lesson - always save time for dessert.

The Thai place was interesting, not because of the menu but because they made us order before sitting down. The place was quite busy so maybe that makes sense but still it felt a little too rushed. The food was alright. Any more comments would be pointless since I don't remember the name of the place.

My only regret is that I only ate one burrito while I was down there.

No comments: