Thursday, April 10, 2008

Porticello

Ian and I went out for a nice dinner for a variety of celebratory occasions all rolled into one. After consulting with out Toronto Life Eating and Drinking Guide, we hit up Porticello on Queen's Quay.

Dinner started off well with the super friendly host/probably owner guy helping us make our selections.

On the recommendation of friendly guy, I went with a glass of the house red - some sort of 2 grape combo of weird grapes I've never heard of. Apparently in 8 years, only 2 people have disliked. Ian and I were in the majority here.

The bread was fresh out of the oven and very yummy with olive oil & balsamic.

The fish cake appetizer was generally decent.

We both went with pasta for the main course - I had ricotta stuffed pasta with rose sauce. Ian, penne with chicken and rose sauce.

Overall, only so so tastiness. The ricotta stuffed pasta was ok, no complaints, but I don't think I would order again. Same deal for the penne pasta.

The price was certainly reasonable for a somewhat fancy meal.

No comments: