Thursday, June 19, 2008

Casa Galicia

A co-worker and I went out for some dinner a week or two ago while in Montreal. We ventured over to Saint Denis and into Casa Galicia, a Spanish restaurant.

I skipped the appetizers and went straight for main course - veggie paella ($22). I know it's a bit wimpy and I really should have sausage & fish to fully enjoy the paella, but I was trying to avoid meat overload from the rest of my week of eating out.

The paella came in a cute mini pan. All the paella appeared to be the same and only the items on top changed. The rice was delicious, but the veggies a bit boring - some carrots and mystery starchy white veg.

My co-worker got a seafood, rabbit paella ($30). He really seemed to like the seafood, but I guess the rabbit was a bit tough.

The most pleasant surprise was end of the night when they told us that dessert & coffee was included in the paella price! Nice! I went with a moderately tasty Spanish cake & tea.

I would definitely go back to this place, although I was a bit disturbed by the lack of people for 7 to 8:30 on a Tuesday night! Besides us, there were 3 other people total in the whole joint. Perhaps Montrealers know something that we don't?

No comments: