Monday, June 16, 2008

The Missing Chains

I'm just back from a trip to California and the trip reminded me that there are a few food chains that are desperately needed in Toronto.

Burger Chains
Carl's Jr - I've long been a fan. I like their chicken burgers. The six buck burger isn't bad although I don't really get why the name is unchanged since the combo price these days is more than 6 bucks.

Burrito Chains
La Salsa, Baja Fresh, Una Mas - Bottom line, burritos are solid and we need more burrito chains in Toronto and Canada in general.

Grocery Chains
Trader Joe's - 1 buck clif bars, 2 buck chuck and so much more. They definitely need to come to Canada

Random's
El Pollo Loco - They do sell burritos but I don't consider them a burrito place because the focus is really on the chicken. You can't eat Swiss Chalet every night and so on those other nights the mexican version is definitely the way the go. I really like picking my tortilla style (flour or corn - corn of course). Random wikipedia reading also points out that the founder also started the Pescado Mojado fish chain. I've never been but with that guy's flare for names, it seems definitely worth checking out.

No comments: