Saturday, April 22, 2006

Sept Isles Quebec and Labrador City

The past few days I have been stuck in these crappy towns visiting the plants of the Iron Ore Company of Canada (basically Rio Tinto). Plant visits went ok, but I believe you me, the restaurants and hotels were a bit iffy.

Sept Isles, not so bad, aside from me not really speaking french and not being able to properly read the menu. Thus, ending up with random items of things I did not expect. The place seems really into the seafood with crab caught fresh and shrimp in brown paper bags. The crab sandwiches looked DISGUSTING. Basically a 1.5" thick by about the size of your face around on bread. That's it. With a bit of mayo on the side. Anywho, I'm sure they actually tasted alright, it was just too much seafood all at once.

Then, it was off to Lab City where the sketchiness continued, Thompson style. Restaurants were awful, even though I could read the english menu, there weren't a heck of a lot of veggie items out there. The hotel was awful, the rental car made horrible power steering noises despite only having 3000 km on it.

I'm off to Montreal for a few nights next week, so I'm expecting to have a much better experience there!

2 comments:

Jackie Bolen said...

Why no updates...so boring. Refer to Just Wandering's blog for some excitment.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you have had some better dining experiences in Montreal. Anxious to hear some comments about my home town!

M