Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oliver and Bonacini

The final installment of Summerlicious '09 was Oliver and Bonacini. A $15 lunch was well worth the trek out to Bayview mall. We managed to fight off crowds of families and seniors and snagged our table after a minor reservation system glitch.

We enjoyed our drinks - $6 glass of Inniskillin pinot grigio and a $4.50 juice of the day.

Appetizers started very well for Ian was a shrimp pate and cracker, but less well for me with a chilled spicy tomato cucumber soup. I kinda suspected I wouldn't be a huge fan, but it sounded more promising than a salad with my arch nemesis blue cheese dressing (well I guess #2 nemesis after the evil olive).



Main courses improved lunch. A gigantic bass fillet with Israeli couscous with corn salad.


The star of the meal was a braised short rib and monterey jack quesadilla with corn salsa and coleslaw. Much more meaty than I expected and three rather large triangles. Stawberry-rharbab buckle for dessert was a delightful white cake with fruit and cream.


Ian of course, went for the chocolate in the form of chocolate caramel tart with toasted nut gelato. Mmmmmm....

1 comment:

Toronto Restaurant Reviews said...

Good afternoon. I was wondering if you would be willing to add your review (or I) to http://toronto.doonlay.com/474.htm ?

It's a new restaurant review site (in beta) and would love your feedback plus you get coupons when signing up.

Thanks, Scott