Friday, July 17, 2009

Burritos from the Last Week

I've had a few burritos over the last week and bit. I've been to all of the places before but here my most recent thoughts:

Z-Teca (on King ) - Janice and I go here frequently. It's her number 1 in the Toronto area and she specifically likes the beef barbacoa. I find the burritos a little dry and of course I dislike the lack of free guacamole. That said I still go once a week. The overall product is tasty. Chicken though isn't their strong point so go for the beef or pork.

Burrito Fresh (on Bloor) - This is my lunch time favorite. It's close to work and the burritos are decent. Again no guacamole and the amount of meat you get is fairly variable depending on who is serving. Once when I went for dinner they burnt my burrito which was upsetting. That only happened the once though. I usually get the chicken on whole wheat.

Que Bueno (in DEN) - This is the family favorite for the Denver airport. I had a chicken. They seemed grouchy about everyone (myself included) getting waters with their burritos and they were secretly discussing (well it wasn't really in secret since they spoke in the language that is native to 400 million people) that they should charge 15 cents or something for each water.

Chipotle (on the strip but also near Yonge & Dundas) - The place was packed but the line moved so I was in and out with my burrito pretty quickly to get back to the tables. It was surprisingly spicy with the mild Salsa. It's nothing special and in terms of chains I prefer La Salsa and Baja Fresh.

Big Fat (in Kensington Market) - This is my Toronto favorite by far. The burritos are moist and tasty. Janice got a yam and I had a pork. Both have guacamole. Enough said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your comments on Que Bueno in Denver Airport.