Monday, March 13, 2006

Licks

Ian and went to Lick's after our Sat night driving lesson. Ian is teaching me to drive his standard so I can have some deeeelightful air conditoning this summer instead of sweating it up in my sauna, I mean car. Anywho, I stalled a few times and Ian wanted to recharge the battery so we took a drive out by the Ikea. We stopped by Licks and had a pretty tasty hot fudge sundae.

One thing we've noticed with all these ice cream places is that their pricing is a bit off. One scoop is generally $3.50. We go for the super duper sundae which is generally $5 or so.

Problem #1: you could go to the grocery store and get a whole tub of similarish "fancy" ice cream for $5-6.

Problem #2: The sundae items probably add up to $10 if purchased alone, but the item is charged at 50% of the individual component value. For example, in NYC, Ian and I were into Ben and Jerry's. We got the cookie sundae consisiting of 2 generous scoops of ice cream, a couple cookies, sundae topping, whip cream and a cherry I think, all for about $5. The ice cream scoops alone would have been like $7-8. Cookies retailed for another $3 or so.

So, moral of this story is, round up a friend and go for the big kahuna! If you are lacking in ice cream eating friends or are adverse to sharing, hit the grocery store and get more value for your $$$.

No comments: