Friday, September 29, 2006

Hummus Expiry etc.

Have you ever wondered if your hummus has expired? Apparently people who have visited our blog searched for just that. We're number eight when you google "hummus expiry". Unfortunately, the article google links to doesn't really discuss hummus expiry so you may just have to eat that expired hummus.

For future reference, I generally don't eat hummus after the expiry date. I have found with some of Trader Joe's (world's best almost-complete grocery store) hummus (or hummi) that they seem to separate after a few weeks. I don't think they've gone bad (well the expiry date says it's fine) but they definitely become less appetizing. I'm not faulting Joe because in general his hummus selection is second to none. The President could learn something from them since they seem to only have one hummus whereas Joe had at least 4 or 5 (standard, eggplant, jalapeno, and others that I don't recall).

Also in case you're wondering other searches that have led to our blog include:
- "nearest ikea to mississauga" (maybe because of their terrific $1 breakfast - recommended!)
- "pizza pizza jays strikeout" (maybe because of the free pizza you get with your ticket when the Jays get seven strike outs on Friday or Sunday home games)
- "shephards pie toronto" (maybe because of the President's variety of frozen shepherd's pies - all tasty)

Finally the nearest ikea to mississauga is probably the one in etobicoke at the 427 and the QEW. Breakfast is served until 11 I believe. After that you'll have to wait until 3 or so for the 99 cent pasta to kick in. I still hope to go sometime for the Wednesday multi-course meal. The evil Gardiner has blocked recent attempts but some week soon I hope to. I'm not sure if this is at all ikea's or just etobicoke so you'll have to check with the source.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very informative post with a wealth of data on things I've never really wondered about like which searches lead to your blog.

Jackie Bolen said...

Good thing I told you about statcounter or you'd still be in the dark. It's very exciting stuff, isn't it? I check mine everyday.