Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Keg's Annual Report

Friday night we headed out to the Keg on York street to partake in Lobster Summer. I typically get the calamari to open things up but I find it's a lot to eat on my own. Instead I stole some croutons from Janice's salad. For the main course, I had my usual Steak and Half Lobster while Janice had a Teriyaki sirloin as part of the classic dinner (hence her salad). Both were great as usual. The major innovation during the pre-meal bread eating was that Janice took to dunking the bread in the heated lobster butter. That definitely seems like a good idea. Who needs a knife then!

Since we saved our arteries by skipping the calamari, we went for dessert. We shared a brownie sundae. We've had it before but this was the best one ever we agreed. The brownie was delightfully fresh and warm. Combined with the ice cream, it really is terrific and reasonably priced at only 5 bucks and change.

The best part, thanks to Janice's Keg income trust units, dinner was 20 bucks off. We'll definitely be back again next year! (If not sooner)

No comments: