Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Good softball news (and BP's)

Good stuff point #1:

So last year, like an idiot, I left my ball glove at the diamond at the end of the last game. I went back for it the next morning and nothing. I had pretty much given up hope. I sent emails to the team to see if anyone picked it up and no one claimed to. For this year, Ian hooked me up with a loaner (undisclosed source). But then I get to the game tonight and see my old glove sitting on the bench!!! Yeah!!!!

Good stuff point #2:

The only teams my team could beat last year were the other two teams from my company. So first game out this season, we play the league champs. I was expecting the worst, but we actually beat them pretty badly!!!

Good stuff point #3:

The dude controlling the team budget said that he would buy us beer every time we beat a team not from our company.

Good stuff point #4

To cash in on point #3, we went to BP's and had a team pitcher. They seem to have improved upon the team pitcher from my days in university - now it has a frozen ice center thing to keep the beer cool! Since there were 7 of us, we had to compromise on Rickard's light - not my favorite, but since it's free (to me) it was alright.

Also had a few southwestern potato skins. Came with chipotle chicken, bacon, cheese and drizzled with ranch dressing. Pretty tasty, but not all that much food for $8.49.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS a post full of good stuff!! Who had the glove? Was it anonymously returned to the bench?
KP

Anonymous said...

Not sure who had the glove. I suspect it got put into the bottom of the equipment bag and forgotten till this year.

Janice