Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Vancouver Part 1

I touched down in vancouver sunday afternoon and right away walked over to robson/granville area for some cheap sushi action. Had yam maki + avocado roll for the cheap cheap price of about $5. I can't lie to the blog readers out there - I may have had a scoop of cookie dough vanilla from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - comes standard with a waffle cone for about $3. Perhaps a return tonight for a b-day cone for me??

Then had some not great cheap middle eastern hummus plate for lunch the next day. Let's just say it's no Gourmet Med that I am addicted to in Montreal.

Some tasty salmon for dinner at Agua Riva (I think?). The course I'm on arranged a set meal for $51 for a salad, choice of main and apple/rhubard crisp. The salmon came with risotta/veggies/buttery sauce and some crab/avocado salsa thingy. Tasty factor was pretty high and actually not bad value considering that 51 included taxes and tip and stuff.

For lunch, I had a quick hit of more cheap sushi - 18 veggie type pieces for a mere $7.00. How can you go wrong with that? Got kinda queasy at the end and packed it in after about piece 14.

So in summary, VCR seems to destroy TO in the cheap sushi genre. Like they have a new-gen basically on every block.

Maybe some Earl's or Red Robin Western Canada action for me tonight?? Mmmmm.....

No comments: