Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dim Sum and Inca Kola

One of the new items in the insider's report was Dim Sum. It comes with Har Gao and a bunch of other dim sum items but the har gao was enough to make the sale. I tried them last week in the microwave and they were alright but this week I decided to do things properly with a homemade steamer arrangement since we were too lazy to find the steamer in storage











Up close and personal with the best looking item









Me eating the meal with inca kola. I assume you can't get any more authentic than that?













Overall, the items were pretty good. I hate to bash the president but the real issue is the price, $7.99. The president certainly isn't a benevolent leader with those prices which work out to 53 cents a piece. Sure that's cheaper than the places on Dundas I go to with 2 buck items (3 or 4 pieces per basket). I don't know if this is a well known rule but Ian's rule indicates that eating at home should be 50% cheaper for it to be a good deal.

No comments: