Saturday, December 01, 2007

Gluttonous Insider Report Item of the Week - Dulce de Leche

We went to our usual Joe's (a.k.a. No Frills to the rest of the Toronto and other areas served by them) today for the first time in a few weeks. (As a complete aside, it hardly seems surprising that Loblaw's is in trouble with confusing name issues like Joe's and the Rennie and Liz's we frequent). Anyway they have a pretty decent selection so we were able to pick up some Dulce de Leche. We'd seen the ads on tele and eyed it hungrily in the Insider report so it was only a matter of time before we picked it up.

We had it straight up with some frozen yogurt and it was terrific. I would have taken a picture
but it didn't last long enough. Next time I may mix it up and have it with bananas. I didn't this time so I could fully appreciate it on it's own.

In the mildly concerning department there was no foil or wrapper on the container when we opened it. Nor did I hear it pop when it opened (but an examination of lid seemed to suggest it might not have made a noise). So if this is our last blog post it looks like contaminated food or botulism? may have been our downfall. Given the tastiness though, we have no regrets.

Coming up tomorrow if all goes well, up close and personal shots of the President's Choice Dim Sum I had today (along with my comments of course!)

No comments: