Sunday, December 09, 2007

Further Uninteresting Followup to the Discussion about Our Uninteresting Blog

The discussion about our blog that Janice linked to earlier was interesting. Kudos to Sheryl Kirby for defending us in her comments and setting Douglas straight about a few things.

I feel the need to more vehemently attack douglas though but I'll stick to just reminding him that:
1) Yes BK & PC are everywhere but they're also in Toronto. If I only talked about foods that are only available in Toronto, would I have anything to post about?
2) If I didn't eat it should I really talk about it? I'll stick to stuff I know - what I ate for dinner.

And where exactly does the idea that my ideal meal consists of a whopper come from? I eat whoppers, yes, but I'll go so far as to say I don't really like them. They're a decent deal (well at least before the massive price increase) but I sometimes specifically work from home on Wednesdays so I don't have to partake in Whopper Wednesday.

And just to reprise the discussion about island foods now that I've had a few weeks to calm down, I did like the food. They make a decent roti. In terms of decent service though, it appears the Village on the Grange location is best avoided. It sounds like things are better at the Parkdale location.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The uninteresting blog has just gotten more interesting! I am loving the controversy... and you guys are famous now - people linking to your blog as experts on Toronto cuisine? Impressive!

KP

Al said...

I've been subscribed to your blog through bloglines for a number of months. I find your posts worth my time to read. Your relationship to food is very similar to that of my friends and myself.

Civilized disagreement can be constructive and also makes interesting reading. I hope you don't start banning commenters except as a last resort for personal abuse.