Monday, March 24, 2008

McRib

I couldn't resist the onslaught of the McRib is Back advertising and so for lunch today I had the McRib combo. 6.32 with tax.

The best feature is also its worst feature: BBQ Sauce. It's covered in it which adds flavour but makes things messy. Overall it's reasonably tasty and after washing up you can hardly tell what I had for lunch.

The nutritional information suggests while this wasn't the healthiest choice, I likely won't have a heart attack today. The whole meal rang in at 1160 calories which is decent but unfortunately it was 75% of my daily fat and 85% of the saturated for the day. Only 47% of the sodium for the day which is surprisingly low in my opinion for fast food. Looks like tonight I'll be having a low fat salt lick?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This week's Maclean's mag. has a story called Unravelling the Mystery of the McRib. It talks about its status as a "cultural icon" but suggests it may not be around for too long so you better eat them when you can!

M