Monday, March 17, 2008

General Sketchiness

I'm not one to hold grudges so for lunch the other day when my idea of Indian buffet was shot down I hit up Island foods at the Village on/by the Grange despite my earlier experience. There was no line so I figured the wait wouldn't be that bad. Of course the wait was still surprisingly long but it was actually partially useful. While waiting for my food (unfortunately not before), I happened to notice that they had carefully covered up the bottom half of their DineSafe sign. I wasn't sure if it was intentional until I saw that just days earlier they had been given a Yellow. On reinspection they turned green again but still not a good situation. I'm going to heed my advice and stay away in the future.

When I got back to school I looked up the infractions and it didn't seem like major issues but I, of course, still prefer restaurants that can meet their regulatory requirements. While looking Island Foods up, I realized that I hadn't been checking some of my usual haunts. I happened to look up Ho Su and was shocked to see they've run into serious problems in January and February. They're green again now but it seems like some of the fines for pest control problems remain unresolved. It's going to be a while before we go there again.

Now to figure out how to strike back against the people who rejected my Indian Buffet idea.

No comments: