Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fight @ the Mountain Mist Ice Cream (Saranac Lake)

Ian and I finally tried the Mountain Mist in Saranac Lake (near Lake Placid NY). It unfortunately ended up in me fighting with the cashier.

The girl took our order & moola (with plastic gloves on), then proceeded to grab my cone with the same gloves still on - no paper napkin or paper cover thingy over the cone. I point out that she just handled cash with those gloves and then made my cone. She seemed to feel the gloves were on to protect HER skin from the ice cream?? She basically thought I was CRAZY for questioning her sanitary practices!

Anywho, she changed one glove and then made me another one. It did not accomplish much since she used the dirty glove to grab my cone. Fortunately no illness resulted (yet -1 day & counting).

The ice cream itself - a baby soft serve maple walnut for me & hot fudge sundae for Ian were tasty & decently priced.

Here is a picture so you can form a mental note and stay away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you wash your hands between handing her the money and grabbing the cone to eat???

Ian said...

Good question anonymous. Out in the middle of nowhere it is tough to wash your hands so we use hand sanitizer. I, especially when out of town, carry a tiny one in my pocket. When it runs out, I fill it up from the big guy!