Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dairy Queen (on Bremner)

After the Jays game on Friday, we headed over to the DQ for that brownie batter blizzard that they've been advertising lately. The small blizzard isn't cheap anymore at $4.19 all in but since I'm eating for free on Monday (thanks to Pizza Pizza and the 7 strike outs promotion) we spent it up and shared one.

Now the last time I had been here last year, they double billed my credit card. Since I didn't want to go through the hassle of calling Visa again, I figured I would pay cash. I had been carrying a fair amount of change with me the past few days so I was able to eke out $4.20 from my pockets. The lady asked if I had pennies but the best I could do in that case was $4.13. She wasn't OK with that so instead she wanted the $4.20 only to tell me that they don't have any pennies. I'm not one to take getting scammed for a penny lightly, so I asked (half jokingly) if they could make the blizzard larger but she seemed to not think that would be a good way to resolve the issue. In my opinion, if they aren't going to keep enough change then the error should be in my favour. This was bad customer service and I won't be back any time soon.

No comments: