Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MSP Burrito Roundup

This is a continuation of the series Janice started a while ago. This is just going to be a quick post and maybe I'll fill it in with more details later once I have time.

Maui Taco by Gate C5
Pros
-very very tasty. I had the Lahaina. Recommended.
-includes salsa bar and chips with your regular burrito
Cons
-does not serve dinner burritos before 11. Very disappointing

Gourmet 360 Burrito by the central food court area
Pros
- full menu even before 11
Cons
- no chips or salsa
- terrible customer service. In the time I was waiting for my burrito they messed up two people's orders and they made a lady wait forever for a bag of chips and salsa.
- burritos are not very tasty. I had the traditional. Boring.

Bottom line
Make the trek out to C5 and Maui Tacos

I also learned an important lesson. Try to eat it before you get on the plane. A middle seat on a packed plane with a disintegrating wrapper did not make for fun times. Luckily I think the burrito will wash out of my pants. For the boring tasting 360 burritos it's probably not worth it. For the excellent Maui concoctions make sure to bring napkins.

Faithful readers can possibly look forward to the DEN roundup later this week. The C gates didn't seem to have anything that tasty but a family favorite is apparently in the B gates area. I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The place I liked is Que Bueno! over in Concourse B. Hope it's still there.

M