Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Basha (Montreal)

This is the most delightful middle eastern mini chain ever! Too bad it's a Montreal thing...

The Eaton centre location is always busy and I have never gone wrong with the tabouli, falafel sandwich, veggie sandwich (basically grilled cauliflower + falafel fixings), roasted garlic potatoes or rice/lentil mix with onions. Price isn't bad either with a "trio" for under about $8.

The other location that I have been to is near Place Ville Marie on St. Catherines. This place is huge and it's a bit nicer since it's not food court-esque! I was very impressed by the selection here with about 10 salads available and about another 20-30 items. I was somewhat overwhelmed, so I went with a veggie plate. It turned out to be a jumbo plate of about 15 different items with a piece of pita bread. Really too much food for one person to possibly eat! All for about $9.00!

No comments: