Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chianti (Edmonton)

When Ian and I lived in E-Town, Chianti's was our favorite restaurant. You can't beat the tastiness for the price at this place! Most pasta dishes are in the $11-$14 range (and that gets you a heaping plate with enough left over for lunch tomorrow). Pasta Monday & Tuesday is the real deal with all pasta dishes $7.99!

Last night, Ian and I went with both sets of parents. We were lucky to have made a reservation...who would really expect to need one on a Monday night...but Chianti's was packed at 6:30!!

The meal started well with delightfully warm rolls. Then came deep fried zucchini with thousand island sauce. Lighter than you might think for a deep fried item. Then bruschetta with yummy bread and so-so tomato topping you spoon on yourself.

For mains, Ian usually liked to order chicken Milanese with pasta, but with pasta Monday and all he strayed away and ordered pasta marinara. Lots of little shrimp in a garlicky tomato sauce with what tastes like fresh pasta!

I typically order the linguine primavera (highly recommended), but in the past 7 years, I've taken up with gnocci, so I thought I'd give it a try. Sauce was creamy pesto with peas. Tastiness was high, but I really should have got the primavera for nostalgic purposes!

The parents enjoyed lasagna (veggie x 2 & meat x 1). Veggie has lots of spinach, cheese, sauce, and I think I spotted some mushrooms in there too.


My dad had fettucine alfredo and he didn't have too much to say about it, but he did finish the plate!

A half lite of house wine was alright, but next time I would order a bottle of something a bit better.

A fantastic deal at this place with 6 pastas, 1/2 L wine and 2 apps to share for $91 including tax & tip....although keep in mind no PST in Alberta so an 8% discount over Ontario.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a delicious dinner. Great to be together.

Mary