Friday, December 19, 2008

Colonnade Gourmet Kitchen

At least, I think that's the name of the place in the Colonnade on Bloor St W. Longtime fans may recall the place being located on the ground floor but it now sits on the east side of the second floor.

This place has one thing going for it in my books - convenience! I certainly wouldn't call it "gourmet" though. That said I have no serious complaints. I went there twice this week and both times I had the chicken curry. It comes with rice and some bland veggies. Overall the dish is reasonably tasty for $7.35. You get an adequate amount of chicken but I think they could be a little more generous with the rice.

The place also has pasta and various other dishes. Colleagues often have the chicken parmesan and there were no complaints about it.

Their "new" (I think they've been there for years) location is a big step up from their previous location in which they were crammed into a post office. Now they have this nice atrium that might not be bad for eating in if I didn't always get to go.

I'll be back unfortunately, again and again.

No comments: