Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Village Idiot Pub

After some Nathan Phillips Square skating action, we were both thirsty and hungry so we soon got over the lack of Steamwhistle at the Village Idiot Pub on Dundas.

Alternatively, I went with a grasshopper ($5.50) which I used to drink while living in Edmonton when I was feeling like a big spender.

In order to provide a head to head comparison with our favorite pub, the wheat sheaf, we ordered our typical pub grub meal of chicken fingers for Ian and a nachos to share.

Ian says "everything was very hot" like it's bad, but in my books that's good! I felt fries were especially tasty here. Pretty good deal for $8.95.

Basically every table has some nachos and I can see why. Lots of cheese, some jalapenos, onions, green peppers, tomatoes with salsa and sour cream for $10 or so. Not the same gigantic serving you get at the Sheaf, but that is probably better for health related purposes anyway??


My only complaint was the crowded-ness, but I suppose we had it coming going out Friday night at 9:30!

No comments: