Friday, November 04, 2005

Tasty Thai

Went out with the work crew to Tasty Thai for a birthday lunch. As before, it was ok tastiness and value for my $. I had the tofu green curry with 2 spring rolls, rice and some cole-slaw type salad.

Ian had some swiss chalet for lunch so our vast readership now has something to look forward to! I had swiss a few times when I used to work in a plant in Sudbury and we would order OT meals. They have a decent veggie stir-fry (although it's 80% corn) as well as a somewhat dry veggie burger. Basically don't go here except for chicken related items. Fried mushrooms and fries are somewhat tasty for the un-healthful vegetarian.

On an unrelated note, I cooked some potatoe-squash curry with brown rice and all sorts of cilantro, raisins, chutney and cashew sides. Ian has a large piece of salmon and added some cottage cheese to the mix. I had a medium size plate, but Ian kept eating and eating, it was quite the site to see. I don't understand how he is soo skinny. Then he made a mix of raisin bran, chocolate chips and yogurt a mere hour later. Then he wanted to make popcorn but I nixed it.

3 comments:

Jackie Bolen said...

Ian is a never-ending pit. Why isn't he obese?

Ian said...

I exercise for 5 hours every day, just kidding. I really don't eat that much but J finds a normal sized meal excessive for some reason

Janice said...

Yeah, Ian eats alot. One day his metabolism will catch up with him and he will become chunky!

He really does walk a fair bit, 1/2 hour each way to school at a rather brisk pace + he plays soccer once/week and runs with me very occassionally.