Sunday, November 20, 2005

Veggie Cookbooks

As many people know, I am obsessed with Moosewood Restaurant cookbooks and have a pretty solid fleet. Last year, Ian and I went to the actual restaurant in Ithica New York and now I cook with my very cool Moosewood Apron. Anyway, if you are looking for a good veggie cookbook, try their "New Classics". The other books are ok too, but I find the New Classics to be the best.

Last weekend, I purchased "Vegetarian Planet". It was quite cheap and so far it's 50:50 for tastiness. I made some spring rolls last night that were really good, with the peanut sauce just ok. It looks like there's a fair bit of good stuff in there and I'm making some crispy noodles with eggplant and some weird kind of coleslaw.

Anyway, sorry for the boring post. Ian and I are trying to stay healthy and become rich, thus less emphasis on eating out. Maybe I should turn this blog into a recipe/cook at home type blog? Does our very limited blog readership have any opinions on this?

1 comment:

Jackie Bolen said...

Seems like a better plan...check out this guys site. You will need to take pictures! That is key to the operation.

http://milkywaydiner.blogspot.com/