Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bo De Duyen

Ian has left a week ahead of me and gone back to Edmonton, so this will be a vegetarian food review bonanza for the next week!

Bo De Duyen is a chinese vegetarian restaurant on Spadina near Dundas. I arrived about 12:30 and was the only one there so I was a bit concerned that everyone else knew something about the place that I didn't! By the time I left at 1:15, the place was getting full, so I felt a bit better.

I have been to Be De one other time about 4 years ago and had a veggie, tofu, mushroom hot pot which was pretty tasty. This time I went with Lunch "Combo B" which included hot or cold soy drink, hot and sour soup and braised tofu, mushroom and veggie with rice. Also a pot of good green tea. I am normally not a fan of soy milk, but this stuff was alright. Same goes for the hot and sour soup, it was actually pretty tasty...much better than, for example, the spring roll chain's soup. Stir fry was good, rice was good. Lots of different mushroom and bok choi varieties as well as my favorite, deep fried tofu. As far as the deep fried tofu is concerned, it was only average. All that food for $6.84 tax included. A "Tasty" on the Ian scale with a "1.5 thumbs up" for value.

Also of note, this place a huge menu with all sorts of faux chicken, beef, seafood, duck etc. Have never tried it, but perhaps next time.

No comments: