Friday, December 16, 2005

Martin's House

Tonight our manager had the whole crew (50-80 people?) over to his mansion in Milton. Growing up in Sherwood Park, I have seen some rather large houses, but this one certainly gives the park ones a run for their money.

I forget the name, but it was some chef college catering the event. There was a rather sparse selection of liquor, but that was ok since I was driving anyway. More or less wine with non alchoholic stuff. Wine was good though. Appetizers were tasty, sushi, stuffed mushrooms, mystery pastry items.....mmmmmm. Then came the hot buffet with salad, bread, rice with nuts/seeds in it, roasted mushrooms, very tasty artichokes. Turkey, chicken and rack of something for the meat eaters. Then finally the best assortment of deserts since Josh's wedding at the Metropolitian hotel this past summer. About 5 very good cakes and assorted cookies and pastries. All in all, a "Very Tasty" rating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The caterer was Liaison College I believe. They were great. I especially liked the one big guy who kept telling me to take more appetizers because they 'were so small'.

I'm more into the veggie sushi because I don't like seafood. I also had the cheese pastries, lamb and some kind of nut (I say chestnut, J says pine nut either way it was delish)pastry. The dinner was great, I had the chicken (similar to cordon bleu kind) and a little of everything I thought looked appetizing. I went for a few delectable desserts but much to my chagrin, was unable to eat, since I had eaten more dinner than I was accustomed. Luckily, the boss brought leftover today (Monday) and I was able to enjoy some pastries....even when they were officially 3 days old. How much space do I have to leave my comment? Oh well, almost done. The house itself was as Jan mentioned, huge. It was also very well decorated. They have the most beautiful Christmas decorations. Really put me in the Christmas mood. Until I came back to my little 1200sq ft home. Sigh.....
Mrs. K.