Monday, December 05, 2005

Sarah's Shawarma

Ian and I have not gone recently (it's on Bloor between Bathurst and Spadina), but walking by it on the way to New Gen reminded me of it.

Ian likes the beef shawarma and I either have the straight falafel or the roast veggie falafel. All are under $4 I think. A very tasty verdict, but sadly Ian and I have stopped going. The primary reason is distance, but secondary is the yellow "conditional pass" rating we saw in the window one day. Turns out they have all sorts of sanitary related problems. I kinda suspected because the workers would go right from making sandwiches to handling cash, all without gloves or hand washing. Rather gross, but hey, you can't argue with a very tasty sandwich and no illness afterward.

The final verdict is very tasty and cheap if you don't mind sub-standard cleanliness conditions!

1 comment:

Jackie Bolen said...

Sick! I Wouldn't eat there, that's so sketchy!