Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sushi on Bloor

Well today was fun final exam marking. The only fun part is that lunch is provided. Usually it's boring pizza but today we convinced them to get us sushi. We ordered platters from Sushi on Bloor (surprisingly it's on Bloor just east of Bathurst). For 45 bucks you get 90 pieces of sushi and maki. A pretty good deal. There was salmon, tuna, shrimp, a mystery sea item, and good old simulated crab. In terms of maki there was salmon, spicy salmon, california and various others. Overall a good deal I think. The tuna was surprisingly good I thought initially when I ate the first piece of it but the next one was a dud. Tuna fell to its usual position of second to Salmon, the king of the sea.

While we were out picking up all the sushi, pizza arrived. Unfortunately, people who know my meat eating ways tried to eat all the meat heavy pizza before I returned. I was stil able to get one piece but not nearly enough. Regardless I was still able to eat a disgusting amount of food.

The big question of the day is how much should we have tipped on take out. It's a lot of work for them - 4 big platters, but it is take out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you only tip if they are looking at you when you sign the visa bill.

Janice said...

I think that tuna is actually the king of the sea, those things are monsters compared to wimpy salmon. Tuna would probably eat salmon if they had the chance!