Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Gen


Ian felt it was too cold to walk home and somehow convinced me to pick him up. We hit up New Gen for some bento box action. I feel extremely sad and guilty about saying this, but it wasn't quite up to par. It could be the second ever New Gen let-down (the first being when they put un-ripe avocado into my yam maki lunch special a few years back).


The miso soup had never been that great at new gen, but it seems to have taken a turn for the worse. My cucumber rolls and Ian's assorted salmon sushi were very tasty. Tempura was good (Ian says that his shrimp tempura was "tasty"), but lacked the usual variety, veggie stir fry was alright, my veggie spring roll was a bit pasty, fried tofu better than normal. Ian's dumplings were good, but his teriyaki salmon alternated between dry and mushy. Odd. Rice for both of us was not so hot.

Price was right, $25 for two including tax, tap and free green tea ice cream on the house.

No comments: