Tuesday, January 16, 2007

World's Healthiest and Tastiest Red Lentil Soup

This soup basically is the King of Healthy and Tasty! Give it a try! For those (AK) that have recently obtained a 40 lb bag of industrial carrots, this is also a helpful recipe.



Moosewood seemed to suggest a few more steps, but I just threw everything into the big pot and boiled for about 20 minutes.





- 1 1/2 cup red lentils
- 6 cup water
- 1 extremely large carrot - grated (or a few smaller ones, your choice)
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- fresh garlic and ginger
- cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, bay leaf
- juice of 1 lemon at the end of cooking

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks. This definitely looks like a soup J would enjoy. I'll keep you posted. Mz K

Anonymous said...

PS: looks like a great crockpot recipe! Mz K

Jackie Bolen said...

Mmm...I can even make that in Korea! I'm so going to do it up.

Janice said...

Yeah, I agree - a crock pot would be perfect for this recipe!