Saturday, January 06, 2007

Trimurti

On a mission to try new cheap restaurants, I flipped through our old "Cheap Eats" book and headed to Big Bowl on Queen Street. Too bad the new "Cheap Eats 2006" book that I bought Ian for Christmas hasn't arrived yet, or it would likely have told me that this place is now shut down.

As a substitute, I went to the busiest looking of the 5 or so Indian buffets on the strip - Trimurti. For $8.95 = $11 or so including tax and tip, I got a not so great Indian food. First the appetizers: the deep fried stuff was tasteless and unfresh (pakora and samosa). The papandum didn't have the deelightful seeds baked in there. Salads were appalling and old looking. Veggie curry stuff (potatoe/spinach, chickpea, yellow lentil, peas/paneer) were equally tasteless and veggies were horribly overcooked. Meat stuff didn't look great either.

Rice pudding was edible, but again not much flavor. To spice it up, I threw in a few gulab jaman, they actually had a yummy flavor, but were icy cold so they lost a few points.

Next time, for $1 more, I will go to Aroma on King Street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice,

This is Lex from CheapEats. Did you order your new copy of the book from us? If so, please contact me at lex [at] plethorapress [dot] com.

Have fun.