Saturday, January 19, 2008

Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc

Last year we were into "Billy's Best Bottles" for a guide to cheap and tasty wine. This year, it's the Toronto Life Eating and Drinking Guide (TLED) magazine. Earlier in the week, an LCBO flyer arrived promising $10,000 if you spent $30. So I consulted my TLED and left for the LCBO...it seemed like an alright deal.

As recommended by TLED guide, I bought some Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc.

It's from Chile and TO Life promises "Among the best value sauvignons at the LCBO. Quite intense with tangerine, grapefruit, lemon grass and fennel. Mid weight, very good length. A bit coarse, but very flavorfull."

Janice's comments:

It was disappointing when I did not collect any money and instead only got a "please play again" from the LCBO. I can't really hold that against the wine.

The wine was a good deal at only $9.65 and it is indeed a fruity.

The wine went delightfully well with my super-duper chipotle cornmeal encrusted tilapia that I made for dinner and equally well with our new Game-cube game - Madden 2007 (also $10, but this time Ian bought it at Rogers Video, not at the LCBO).

No comments: