Friday, January 11, 2008

Veggie Burger Harvyey's Style

On Thursday night, I take a class and am unable to go home after work. Thus, the need for fast food of some sort to tide me over till 9:30 when I get home. As far as fast food joints, the least objectionable item seems to be the Harvey's veggie burger.

- 317 calories (perhaps a normal amount of food for a non-obese person to eat for dinner)
- 9 g fat
- 5 g fibre
- and an all important 20 g of protein to keep me awake while the teacher is droning on in a language I do not understand

I wouldn't rate it as a "beautiful thing", but the tasty factor is moderate. At over $4 for a burger though, it's not a great value.

The service at my joint last night was rather poor. They seemed to have the burger kinda precooked and only needed a light grilling, but despite that, they didn't let that stop them from taking about 15 minutes to hand me my burger. Some problem about them typing in cheese and me not wanting cheese? Now that I think about it, I hope they did not charge me extra for that cheese???

I do like that they seem to use a designated green "flipper" that hasn't been tainted by meat! Not that I really care, but I do appreciate the concept.

No comments: