Monday, January 23, 2006

Janice vs Ian: Breadmaking Showdown

My parents have a breadmaker so I have many loaves of bread when I lived at home, but Ian thinks that I don't measure accurately and he would be a better breadmaker with our new machine. He made one loaf of pesto that turned out well so he was a bit cocky. I made a so-so loaf of honey wheat.

Ian then made a loaf of "chocolate chip" cookie bread and it turned out AWFUL. Didn't rise at all, was burnt and mishapen. I was going to take a picture, but Ian ate the evidence before I could photograph it for the blog.

Today I made the same recipe and it rose well, far above the breadpan and was not burnt at all.

Ian is now making excuses....but I think he knows that I am the better breadmaker!

3 comments:

Jackie Bolen said...

The answer as to who is the better breadmaker is quite obvious in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

A hint for the new bread machine (in case you don't recall doing this at home, Janice): when making the heavier breads, try using 2 T of gluten in place of 2 T of flour - makes for lighter bread. No need to use it for sweet bread or pizza dough though.

Jackie Bolen said...

Why no updats.....sooooo boring