Friday, January 20, 2006

Wheat Sheaf

Ian and I went to Czehosk but it was super crowded and we couldn't even get a drink at the bar, so we went to the Wheat Sheaf on Bathurst and King. We were thinking of sneaky dees on college/bathurst but that was heading the wrong way for us in the rain.

The Wheat Sheaf looks good from the outside, but is a bit trashy on the inside (next time we may try the banknote like Ian wanted). I always like places that have moosewood on tap, so the wheat sheaf scored a few points with me right away. Ian had a rum and coke which was a bit odd for a hardcore beer drinking place. Crazy Ian obsessed with cola.

We ordered nachos which were pretty tasty and actually pretty cheap. I like that they threw in some guacamole for free.

The rest of the menu seemed to be good value, with a grilled cheese and fries for 4.25...although I do make a good grilled cheese...more on that some other day when we don't eat out.

No comments: