Saturday, January 14, 2006

Young Thailand

Went with some friends for dinner to Young Thailand on Church. This may be the first thai restaurant in Canada, but it certainly is not the tastiest.

To start with, the waiter seemed quite preturbed by the people requesting separate bills and he refused to do it so we decided to split into two groups. Then when I tried to pay my share with a $20 he said he did not have change, nor would he let me bill less than $25 on my credit card. All very inconvenient and un-cool.

I had sweet and sour tofu and it was the hardest tofu I have ever eaten. Not sure if the tofu was old and/or just sadly overfried. The other veggie eaters red curry tofu, glass noodle salad and fried rice....dishes were ok but a bit overpriced. Most veggie dishes 8-11 with meat 10-13. Not really worth it in my opinion. Also upsetting, I ordered sticky rice with peanut sauce which they did not have so they brought me steamed rice. Then they charged my 2.50 for the steamed when it should have been 1.90. Very upsetting and a major ripoff to have to pay that much for rice, when most decent places include steamed rice for free.

The final verdict, not very tasty and a thumb down for value :(

No comments: