Thursday, October 20, 2005

Burrito Boyz

Walking home I decided to go to Burrito boyz. I've been there before but never bothered to review them. Once they left me with a queasy feeling in my stomach. I can forgive one or two such incidents so I'll only talk about my latest experience

Where: Peter St. at Richmond
What: Large Chicken Burrito for 5.75
My 5.75 + tax:
This place is fairly good. There area few problems 1) it's often too crowded. Some people don't mind waiting, but I'm not one of them. The slowness though isn't an efficiency problem usually as the staff seem decent, it's just capacity issues so I can forgive that. 2) Sometimes they burn the tortilla a little. 3) They charge for guacamole. The product though is tasty (ignoring the minor occasional burnt issue). I don't normally find mayo-ish sauces good but their burrito sauce in moderation isn't that bad. I guess my main issue with this place is price. Paying almost 7 bucks for lunch is steep. It would be nice if places could develop products for the 4 dollar price point - I don't need to always eat 7 bucks worth of food at lunch.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I don't like the mayonnnaisey sauce either. I find the sauce at Big Fat Burrito (Augusta St.) better.

Anonymous said...

i think burrito boyz food is amazing and they work really hard and if you want lunch under seven dollars go to Mc Donalds