Friday, October 07, 2005

EAST

Ian and I went to EAST, a slightly different version of the popular Toronto mini-chain, Spring Roll. I think it opened up a few months ago.

Location: Queen by John (entertainment district)
Menu: Standard spring roll cuisine, Asian in general, mostly Thai and Chinese stir fries, noodles, soup, spring rolls (hot/cold). East is slightly different from Spring Roll with a page of "Street Food" and some "Dim Sum" items. Mostly deep fried goodness appearing on this page.
What we ate: I had shanghai veggie noodles (6.95) and Ian had seafood satay pad thai (10.95). We split a strawberry - guava smoothie (2.95)
Review: Pretty much as expected. Quality, service and decor similar to spring roll. We did not try the dim sum or street food stuff. Ian's pad thai was particulary good, my shanghai noodles lacked some flavor and they did not seem to have much tofu on the menu, which is kind of sad (mmmm deep fried tofu). Smoothie was very tasty and highly recommended. The price is right here, with the taste and service generally pretty good.

1 comment:

Jackie Bolen said...

Are you clicking on my ads? I'm clicking on yours