Thursday, October 06, 2005

My New Employee Dinner

Last night, we had a dinner for New Employees at the cafeteria where I work. Now you might not think that would be good, but it was suprisingly good. They got rid of the big long tables, brought in some circular ones and had real tableclothes with centerpieces etc. They had beer and wine to start which was alright. I had a Molson Canadian which I haven't drank in quite a while...so much better than crappy Lakeport!

At every table they had a senior host type person. My dude ended up being not so cool and veered into controversial topics such as a revolution in South America (ie are 4000 lives worth a higher standard of living?) and women in engineering. It was all rather patronizing, but I still enjoyed the speeches and dinner.

Soup was sqash, the main course was chicken (none for me) with roast veggies and rice. For desert very tasty desert cheesecake things.

No comments: