Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bhuda's Vegetarian Food

Last night Ian and I ventured out to Bhudda's Vegetarian on 666 Dundas (by Bathurst) as recommended by cheap eats. For the low low cost of $24 including tax, tip and tap water (TT&TW) we got 2 orders of spring rolls, a "small" hot and sour soup that we enough to feed a family of 4 and a humongous plate of curry noodles and an equally large plate of veggies, tofu with roasted cashews. I estimate another 3 meals in left-overs for me. 0 for Ian since he wasn't a huge fan.

The low price was certainly reflected in the food. Spring rolls were ok, but soup was only so-so. I though the noodles were really tasty, but the stir fry veggies were a bit weak - too much undercooked celery and the tofu was a bit iffy. I guess we might go back - this seems like the sorta place where you gotta go through the menu once and try and decipher what the tasty stuff is.

No comments: