Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cafe Demetre

Last night I went for round two of the monthly bookclub. It was held at Cafe Demetre in the Yonge/Eglinton area. Last time I had an overpriced banana split - this time I went with the two scoop sundae for $5.75. Had a scoop of "cookeo" and a scoop of peanut butter fudge. I chose the brownie and caramel sauce as toppings - all come with whip cream and a cherry. The whole thing seemed to be a much better deal than the splits.

The book was Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby. Let's just say that it doesn't end well for the 4 drug addicted characters. Perhaps it should be required reading for all junior high aged kids?? It certainly scared me off heroin!!!

1 comment:

Jackie Bolen said...

Hmmm...I've been thinking of quitting. Do you really think this book will help?

Psych. haha