Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baton Rouge (Convention Center)

The wood burning fumes emitted from the roof have nearly lured me in many times, but Ian has generally put on the kibosh on in favor of Aroma or East. This time it was for my birthday, so Ian did not have much say.

We both went with 1lb of baby back ribs. For $23 each, it was a humongous plate of ribs! Like 1.5 racks perhaps?? The meat was so fall of the rib, that I didn't even really need to get dirty and I just ate with a fork. Ian did not let that stop him from making a rather large mess.

The bbq sauce on there was pretty tasty too. My sides were coleslaw & baked beans. Both about average, but in sufficient quantity to make up for it!

Ian went with fries and cinnamon apples - also pretty decent and in sufficient quantity.

By the time dessert rolled around, we were both pretty stuffed up so we skipped it.

The last pleasant surprise was the bill - my pint of Canadian was only $4.25! Sure, it didn't appear to be a full pint - but at least they didn't charge me as if it was.

Service was fine.

The room was HUGE and hardly full for a Friday night. Maybe when summer hits and the tourist crowd descends on the world's second tallest tower, this joint will fill up.

We would definitely go back for another plate of yummy ribs at an ok price.

No comments: